A SHORT HISTORY OF ERDINGTON COURT BOWLS CLUB
The origin of the Club dates from early years of the last century when several members of the Wesleyan Methodist Church in Erdington bought a large plot of land in Goosemoor Lane in order to provide sports facilities for Church members.
Initially Cricket and Tennis were played, with the Bowls section being formed in 1925. In 1976 the club was re-formed by the Trustees as the Erdington Recreational Trust when part of the land was sold for housing - which enabled the present Indoor and Outdoor Artificial Greens to be built. The outdoor green was recently completely refurbished at a cost of over £80,000. The indoor green has also been refurbished recently
The Erdington Recreational Trust is a Charity controlled by the Trustees under the supervision of the Charity Commissioners. Registered Charity Number: 503066.
TO SEE PICS, GO TO OUR 'HISTORY ALBUM' IN THE 'PHOTO GALLERY PAGE.....